Sunday, July 19, 2015
T66: Freewill And Predetermination
Page 825
When you have a thankful attitude it's like identifying with God, with the Self. But when you complain and you see things wrong with yourself and the world, what you're really saying karmically is I want more of that. The law of karma only knows what you feel in your mind and if you feel something is wrong the law of karma doesn't care why you feel something is wrong, but as long as you feel something is wrong it'll get worse. But when you look at the situation from a different viewpoint and you see it as something that is subject to change, no material thing lasts forever. Therefore sickness, lack, limitation and the rest of these so-called negatives are not reality so they do not last forever. They must change. When will they change? When you take your mind off them and identify with the source. How do you identify with the source? You ask, "To whom do these things come? They come to me I feel them. Who am I? Where did the I come from?" And you follow the I thread. You trace the I to the source and you can say it's located on the right side of your chest. As I said before, once before, twice before, a hundred times before, you can see the source on the right side of your chest as your favorite deity, or you can see it as a sphere of light like the sun, only a million times brighter. And you see your I dissolving in the source. Then the I becomes I am and you have now become the Self. You haven't actually become the Self you've always been the Self. You have rather awakened to the fact that you are the Self and all of the nonsense about sickness or health or money or poverty or happiness or misery are no longer a part of your life. You're just free of the whole thing. The choice is always yours. I can lead you to the vein of gold but you better do your own mining. I can keep telling you that you are absolute reality, that you are ultimate oneness, that you are nirvana, emptiness. Your true nature is pure awareness. Parabrahman. And this alone should lift you up and make you understand that you are not the other things. But you have to keep up realizing that you are that. When you leave here today and you walk out the door, what happens to you? Most of you begin to identify with what you see, what you hear, what you smell, what you taste, what you touch. That's the mistake you're making. You begin to act like the doer. You have to totally surrender to the Self. Your whole life, your happiness, your sadness, your health, your sickness, your lack, your abundance, they're all two sides of the same coin. Everything has to be surrendered. Think how joyful you will be when you mentally surrender everything to the source. All the responsibility is off your shoulder. You no longer have to wonder about what you should eat, what you should wear, whether you should take vitamins or whether you should go and see a movie, whether you should go find a healer, whether you should go to India or find a spiritual teacher. Those questions will no longer come into your mind when you totally surrender, totally, completely, absolutely. You will be empty, free. And then you will understand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment