Tomorrow will be more focussed on who i am.. start from morning...jai guru dev give me strength
There's only one way to become liberated, and that is to awaken, just to awaken, just wake up, just as you do in the morning when you wake up from sleep. You were in a dream world and you woke up. In the same way you awaken to your Self. The way to do this is to be at satsang, to surrender to the Self. When you surrender to the Self you're surrendering to life. You're no longer thinking "This has to work out this way. This has to work out that way. This has to be improved. I've got to read this book. I've got to go see this teacher." True surrender is allowing your heart, your spiritual heart, to take over and you have nothing to do and nothing to say. All of the practices are incidental. Sadhana is important to make you come to the realization that you have to wake up. That's all sadhana is for. It's for no other reason. Sadhana, spiritual practices, do not wake you up by themselves. They have no awakening powers. But they put your mind to rest. When your mind is at rest you awaken.~ Robert Adams
Everything is preordained. Even when I raise my finger like this, it is preordained. Do not be egotistical and believe that you have any power over everybody or anybody, or that you are the doer. It's a privilege to have been born on this earth, and the reason you have been born is to find your real Self. Go for it, do it, and become free. ~ Robert Adams
When you get on the path correctly, after a while it becomes effortless. In the beginning there seems to be a little effort you have to take, because you're breaking away from your old patterns, and as you continue it becomes effortless, easier and easier. It becomes a pleasure. It becomes a joy and you're always doing it, effortlessly, so the effort is only the beginning stages. It's not really effort, but when you break into a new habit, the old wants to still stay there and take over. So you still have to push it out as you inquire: "To whom does it come? Who feels miserable?" ~ Robert Adams
'Who am I?' means where does this 'I' come from that feels this, that feels the world and all its manifestations. "Where did this 'I' come from?" And then you keep still, you never answer that question. For if you answer the question it's the ego answering. By asking the question and keeping still, sitting in the silence, the ego will become weaker and weaker. But of course as you sit in the silence in the beginning stages, more thoughts will come into your mind you repeat the whole thing again: "To whom do these thoughts come? Who is thinking this?" Again, "I am. I feel this, they come to me". Again you separate the 'I' from yourself and you ask, "Who is this 'I'? Who am I? Where does this 'I' come from? What's its source? Who gave it birth?" And you keep still. As you keep still you will find the space between the question "Who am I?" and the thoughts that come again — that you have to ask "To whom do they come?" — will become greater and greater, the space between. This is when you know you're making progress. For there are no longer any thoughts. The thoughts begin to slow up. As the thoughts slow up the mind becomes quieter. When you say "Who am I?" nothing will happen. As you keep doing this week after week, the space will become greater and greater. The space between "Who am I?" and "To whom do these thoughts come?" when you do it over again, will become greater and greater. And that space is your reality. That space is consciousness, that space is pure awareness and everything will happen by itself. Yet this takes some time with people. This takes some time for this to happen but keep persevering, keep doing it, don't stop! Sometimes you think you're overwhelmed by thoughts and you have to keep doing it again and again, but that's okay. It's better than some of the things you're doing. So keep doing it don't be afraid to do it over and over again. Do it all day long. ~ Robert Adams
There's only one way to become liberated, and that is to awaken, just to awaken, just wake up, just as you do in the morning when you wake up from sleep. You were in a dream world and you woke up. In the same way you awaken to your Self. The way to do this is to be at satsang, to surrender to the Self. When you surrender to the Self you're surrendering to life. You're no longer thinking "This has to work out this way. This has to work out that way. This has to be improved. I've got to read this book. I've got to go see this teacher." True surrender is allowing your heart, your spiritual heart, to take over and you have nothing to do and nothing to say. All of the practices are incidental. Sadhana is important to make you come to the realization that you have to wake up. That's all sadhana is for. It's for no other reason. Sadhana, spiritual practices, do not wake you up by themselves. They have no awakening powers. But they put your mind to rest. When your mind is at rest you awaken.~ Robert AdamsEverything is preordained. Even when I raise my finger like this, it is preordained. Do not be egotistical and believe that you have any power over everybody or anybody, or that you are the doer. It's a privilege to have been born on this earth, and the reason you have been born is to find your real Self. Go for it, do it, and become free. ~ Robert Adams
When you get on the path correctly, after a while it becomes effortless. In the beginning there seems to be a little effort you have to take, because you're breaking away from your old patterns, and as you continue it becomes effortless, easier and easier. It becomes a pleasure. It becomes a joy and you're always doing it, effortlessly, so the effort is only the beginning stages. It's not really effort, but when you break into a new habit, the old wants to still stay there and take over. So you still have to push it out as you inquire: "To whom does it come? Who feels miserable?" ~ Robert Adams'Who am I?' means where does this 'I' come from that feels this, that feels the world and all its manifestations. "Where did this 'I' come from?" And then you keep still, you never answer that question. For if you answer the question it's the ego answering. By asking the question and keeping still, sitting in the silence, the ego will become weaker and weaker. But of course as you sit in the silence in the beginning stages, more thoughts will come into your mind you repeat the whole thing again: "To whom do these thoughts come? Who is thinking this?" Again, "I am. I feel this, they come to me". Again you separate the 'I' from yourself and you ask, "Who is this 'I'? Who am I? Where does this 'I' come from? What's its source? Who gave it birth?" And you keep still. As you keep still you will find the space between the question "Who am I?" and the thoughts that come again — that you have to ask "To whom do they come?" — will become greater and greater, the space between. This is when you know you're making progress. For there are no longer any thoughts. The thoughts begin to slow up. As the thoughts slow up the mind becomes quieter. When you say "Who am I?" nothing will happen. As you keep doing this week after week, the space will become greater and greater. The space between "Who am I?" and "To whom do these thoughts come?" when you do it over again, will become greater and greater. And that space is your reality. That space is consciousness, that space is pure awareness and everything will happen by itself. Yet this takes some time with people. This takes some time for this to happen but keep persevering, keep doing it, don't stop! Sometimes you think you're overwhelmed by thoughts and you have to keep doing it again and again, but that's okay. It's better than some of the things you're doing. So keep doing it don't be afraid to do it over and over again. Do it all day long. ~ Robert Adams
You have to be totally honest with yourself. Totally honest. Completely honest with yourself to see the way you've been carrying on. To see how your thoughts have been ruling you. Your mind has been telling you: 'This is like this and this is like that. This is good, this is bad. This is right, this is wrong'. Being judgmental all the time, this is what has to be given up, totally and completely. ~ Robert Adams
ReplyDelete